Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Recipe Review - Bow Tie Pasta with Chicken Al Fresco Sausage

Last night I made Bow Tie Pasta with Italian Chicken Sausage.  It turned out to be one of the best new recipes I've tried in a while.

It was easy to prepare, and the flavors were perfect together.  The major test for any pasta dish is my husband's reaction, as he doesn't care for pasta most of the time.  He loved this and proclaimed it "As good as a restaurant".

Give this one a try, I think you'll love it too!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup diced onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 (14 ounce) cans italian diced tomatoes (with basil, garlic & oregano), drained
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
3 tablespoons parmesan
1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound sweet Italian chicken (or turkey) sausage, casings removed and crumbled or slice
Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.  Meanwhile heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.  Saute garlic and onion until transparent.  Add sausage and cook until sausage is lightly browned.  Stir in drained tomatoes and cream, simmer until thickened, about 8-10 minutes. 
Stir cooked pasta into sauce and heat through.  Top with parmesan.
Update 1/7/16: This recipe is still a part of my regular recipe rotation.  I've made it with sweet italian turkey sausage, and I've used gluten free pasta at times, and it's still always a hit!  

No comments:

Perfect Baked Brown Rice

This is Alton Brown's technique for brown rice, and I think it's the only way to make brown rice! I make a batch every Sunday to kee...