Monday, February 6, 2012

Menu Plan Monday


Meal planning is the only way I will effectively use what I have on hand and stay within the limited budget I have set for February.  For those just joining me here, I am trying to bring our grocery budget back under control, and our grocery budget for February is $200.  My plan is to use the money for fresh dairy and produce and to supplement the items I have in the freezer and pantry. 

Here is our week:
Monday - quinoa salad with cranberries, cucumbers and walnuts (recipe coming soon!)
Tuesday - meatloaf, perfect baked brown rice, roasted carrots (in the crock pot!) and kale salad
Wednesday - Chicken & vegetable stir fry served over brown rice
Thursday -  leftover meatloaf with baked sweet potatoes and kale salad
Friday - Pork chops with sauteed greens

For many more great menu plans check out OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday!

1 comment:

City Share said...

That's a great goal to keep your budget under $200 for the month. I'm curious to hear how it goes.